Friday, March 21, 2008

News != Blog

I have removed the 'Whats New' section.

The first reason is because it just took too long to load. (Bad Feedburner!) I'd originally intended for this blog to be the news section. New entries are then converted into page content via a conversion service provided Feedburner. However, Feedburner simply took too long to load! And there is no good reason why we should delay the user from getting to what they are here for because of some measley 'News'.

The second reason is that, I can't guarantee all posts to be relevant. And I have found there are items worth noting, yet don't deserve to be on the main page. So I my conclusion is 'News' != 'Blog'. Visitors who are interested in the development of Impulsifly can click on the Blog link instead.

For the mean time, I have replaced the left hand side column with Google Ads.

PS: Thanks, FAQ is now spelled in caps :)

No comments: